PHP Backend Developer (d/f/m)
Arztkonsultation is a leading provider of telemedicine software solutions. Since 2014, we have been pioneering telemedicine and working with our partners to develop strong solutions for new digital-based forms of care and patient pathways. Based on our many years of experience, we accompany and advise service providers and other stakeholders from the healthcare sector, such as health insurance companies, pharmacies and medical device manufacturers, in the development and implementation of telemedicine solutions for more efficient patient care.
More than 8,000 medical service providers in Germany are already using the solutions provided by Arztkonsultation. Among them, more than 75 hospitals. Since 2020, we have enabled more than 1 million video consultations via our certified platform, saving patients a trip to the doctor's office more than 1 million times.
Our vision is to provide access to the best healthcare - anywhere, anytime and for everyone. As an independent company with more than 25 employees, we are headquartered in the heart of Schwerin.
PHP Backend Developer (d/f/m)
Your Hiring Manager: Michael Milz
The agile tech team currently consists of nine employees (developer, admin, product owner, scrum master). Your future colleagues are located in Hamburg (coworking space), Berlin (office) and Schwerin (headquarters). Every two months, the entire team meets for joint team meetings in Schwerin.
What you can expect from us:
- Flexible working hours (at 40h per week)
- Choose your preferred device: iMac 🖥, MacBook 💻 or Linux as well as Windows
- You can expect a nice office in the heart of Schwerin and offices in Hamburg and Berlin
- Remote work (with a German registration address) is possible with willingness to travel to the respective locations
- A stable and safe job in a pleasant and warm team atmosphere
- You get the opportunity to be a part of the beginning stages of a fast-growing and successful company
- You will be given an area of responsibility in which you can independently help to shape and build with lots of room for creativity
- You can make transparent and quick decisions through short and open communication channels and thus achieve quicker results
- Participation in a language course (Target: minimum German B2)
- 30 days vacation
- You plan and develop software modules independently and support, analyze and optimize existing applications such as appointment management, invoice generation, user management and interfaces to partner companies, among others
- You support us in the migration of our still partially existing software monolith to a microservices based software architecture
- You are responsible for testing your software components (including unit & integration tests) and follows a "You build it you run it" mentality
- You support the code quality through joint code reviews
- You develop new creative solutions and evaluate new technology trends that make life easier for you and your colleagues.
Our tech stack:
- Frontend: React
- Backend: PHP (Laravel), Node.js, REST API, MariaDB (on-premise), Redis
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes
- Testing: PHPUnit and others
- Repository: Gitlab
- Documentation: Redmine
- Communication: MS Teams
- You have at least 2 years of programming experience in PHP/Laravel
- You have a good technical understanding of RESTful APIs
- You have a solid background in building scalable distributed products and hands-on experience with caching
- You have experience working with and querying relational databases (e.g. MariaDB)
- You have a degree in the field of computer science, physics, mathematics, etc. or a career changer with a certain level of experience
- You speak German at least on a A2/B1 level and you are willing to further improve your German language skills
You would like to have a positive impact on the current healthcare system? Then apply with us.
We are looking forward to your online application.